Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dash Snow (July 27, 1981 - July 13, 2009)

The last time I saw Dash I didn't even get to see him. It was at the end of May right before I left for my cross-country journey. I spent the whole day upstate at Jack Wall's house playing with Dash's daughter, Secret. We chilled all day, picking yellow flowers, watching Sesame Street and petting cats and dogs. Dash stayed in his room the entire time.

One of my favorite things about Dash was always his unconscious moving hand. He would be sitting there smoking cigarettes, writing his tag in the air without being aware of it. I would just smile and watch the smoke twirl into the letters S A C E. That's how I'll always remember him.

 

Ryan McGinley




















































































































































1 comment:

alfie said...

the last time i saw dash snow he was running around ryan mcginleys place naked. but i was naked too.