Friday, June 17, 2011

Benington

 A few months back I found Bret Easton Ellis's Facebook. His page wasn't private so I browsed his pictures. He was tagged in a few photos that caught my attention. Both sets were photos taken from the time Bret was attending College at Bennington around 1985.

I contacted both uploaders asking for permission to share the photos. This was two months ago and I havent heard anything back. I'd thought I'd just go ahead and share them anyway.

This is probably my favorite thing I've posted on my blog. I guess it's got something to do with nostalgia and growing up watching eighties teen movies. I've seen many representations of young people from the era, but these photos are true and authentic.

It's the candid purity of the photos and the snapshots of campus life I love so much.
The time they were taken - when taking a photo with a camera was a moment and it was important.






























































































































No comments: