Sunday, February 19, 2012

John Wilden Hughes, Jr.























When I found out John Hughes died I went online straight away and began to play my favourite songs from his movies. I listened to Pretty in Pink, We Are Not Alone and Elgia.

Whilst listening to the songs I started to cry. I’ve never cried over the death of a celebrity before. John Hughes was more than a hero. He along with about two other directors was the reason I began making movies. Growing up his films meant to the world to me. They were the ones I revisited the most. My family would take me to the video store and sometimes I couldn’t decide what to rent. Anytime I felt their patience wearing thin with my indecisions  I would run and pick up a Hughes movies. His movies were a safe bet. Always entertaining no matter how many times I had seen them, that safe familiar comfort.

His movies really gave me hope growing up. The times when you’d find yourself saying something stupid to a girl, feel alienated in high school, get dumped or love someone who doesn’t love you back. You can always look at John’s movies and feel less alone with your situation. I just hope his movies continue to be handed down from generation to generation each time giving a little hope and comfort to all the lost kids out there.

No comments: