Thursday, February 02, 2012

With Arms Outstretched

I hit another branch of Polpo with CV
Cold cuts are the shit!

















Been broin' down with Dan and Ade (friends from the record store)
We went to Leon. The food is pretty decent and cheap BUT:
Please notice the coleslaw in the middle of the table they call it 'slaw'
It's the worst fucking thing I've ever tasted how can coleslaw be so lame?
















I was pissed: See face.
















We then went to the Arts Theatre Club They serve great cocktails, cheap.

















I went for the Old Fashioned, Inspired by Mad Men (TV Series 2007– )  obv. That's me on the left.

















Around  September K8 came back into my life.

















We had lunch in the park.











Went for drinks.

















Fanfarlo did their first show since recording their new album at Hoxton Hall. I remember I called a cab to come pick me up. The drive was amazing we drove through central London we passed so many amazing landmarks. I was sleepy. I had the window down and was listening to this and it felt amazing.
















Fanfarlo were cool but the venue ordered a studio mixing desk instead of live desk. Dumbass venue!


















I took K8 out.
We went to the Hawksmoor.
Hands fuckin down the best steak I've ever ate. Dry-aged (hung) for at least 35 days and cooked on a real charcoal grill.  I went all out and opted for the chateaubriand.

















Afterwards we went to see The Warriors (1979) at the Prince Charles cinema. K8 kissed my ticket. It's weird her lips are seeping through now.

















Tired journey home.
I like this series. She turns to face me and looks so happy.
Atleast that's how I see/saw it.



















Got drunk at the ICA with Dan.
They were playing Italian disco.
















K8 and I went to see Fanfarlo do a secret show at the 100 Club.
Better sound! They crushed it that night.
















Boycie, Yanni and I went to visit our old friend Lee. He lives just out of London and is married now with 2 kids. He has a shed he's converted into his own little recording studio. He goes there to rock out, get high and watch movies.





















I met John Landis (for the second time) at his book signing. I mainly wanted to meet him again to get a copy of  Coming to America (1988)  signed for Anila she's an all time best friend and is obsessed with that movie...long before it became a hipster movie too!






















I took K8 out for her birthday. It was a strange day. I didn't take photos at all except for when we were on the train home. I bought us badges from the George Condo exhibition. We put them on our tote bags...both of which fell off a few weeks after. It was a sign.






















Before Christmas I met up with Anila. We went for dinner and cocktails.We went past Nandos. Anila is OBSESSED with that chain. We had to stop and take this photo.
















I think it was around this time I stopped going out. I got a little depressed and freaked out. I didn't really see many friends in the run up to Christmas. I just worked then came homr watched movies. I was just going through some shit.















Late December I sorta got back on my feet.
I kept hearing Honest Burgers in Brixton has the best burgers in town. I had to see for myself.

















It was very good but not the best.
















BUT the warm rum & ginger next door at the Agile Rabit are fucking off the chain!
















But some of the seats there are ridic.
















I started getting drunk alot.
My friend Glen from work was leaving for better things so we went out for  leaving drinks.
















We headed on to Garlic & Shots.
















I got destroyed on shots.
















































Loads of friends slowly turned up outside.
















We tried to find another party but it just wasn't happening.
















Met a bunch of "drunk girls" on the way home.
















The next day was the Christmas party. We had Karaoke and bowling.
I got trashed again.
















Steve sang Metallica
















LC crushed it with Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero
















Dan and Ade had a DMC
















I stayed til the messy drunken end.

















LC & I took a series of ridic photos.

















Boris came to stay for a few days. It's hard to stay down with him around.
















We were bored after work so we decided to go see A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (2011).
It was surprisingly hilarious.
For some reason I bought the biggest popcorn &coke combo. Wasteful!
















I met up with Vanessa.
We went to the Ryan McGinley exhibition. FYI: He's my favorite artist. Period!


 We had food at Yalla Yalla


Back to Arts Club for cocktails.
















We had these
















Ade & Dan turned up.
















 A few days later Lorena turned up at my work just as I was leaving. We met in the store a year ago. She came back a couple of times - we swapped numbers but never hung out. I'd often think about her and wonder where she was. We went for a drink and clicked right away...her hat was fuckin adorable that night.
















Boris stayed around. He' s cute he reads in bed every night.
















I kept ordering pizza from my local. I got a little addicted.
Please note: the smaller box is garlic bread.
















My friend did a solo show. Caught up with some people. Caught some street beers.



















Lorena met me for lunch just before she went back to Spain for Christmas.
We swapped presents.

















Christmas day was OK. I was exhausted from working all over Christmas.

















K8 came back.
I saw her on the 25th December
I bought her The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) script for Christmas.
















I went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
It was amazing.
















Got drunk with work people again.
















A box arrived.

Lisa sent me a box of Root Beer. It's the best carbonated beverage other than Dr Pepper

















I watched Project Nim (2011) with Chubby
















Shit got cray and it turned into a pizza party

















Back to Garlic & Shots for a blood shot (tomato, garlic, chilli and vodka)

















I celebrated my birthday.
Dinner at Bodeans
















I had a Kentucky Root Beer Float
Heaven Hill Bourbon, Vanilla Liqueur, Root Beer And Vanilla Ice Cream

















I had some tables reserved at the Phoenix Bar bellow the theatre.
















They spelt my name wrong
















Fixed
















Shit was wild and fun. Our table was next the DJ booth and he kept handing out request slips to us. We just wrote down R&B jams all night and danced and got drunk. We requested so many that we just started writng them on our hands.

















Dan wanted to go east.
Grabbed a cab and went to the Shackwell Arms.
















By this point we had chugged a hip flask of whiskey in the cab ride.
He bought me a City & Color CD. So emosh
















THE HISTORY OF VDB 
We were selling Doug Stanhope tickets at the record store over summer. The blurb on the poster was "Doug Stanhope is a  visionary douchebag".
We fuckin loved that term. I started calling him D Bag and calling each other VDB's.

Drunkenly we wrote it on all our friends hands that night.


















On my birthday (that Monday)
I FINALLY SAW DRIVE (2011)

















I met Lorena
Then watched Belly with D Bag whilst eating Jerk Chicken from One Stop.






















I checked my emails and I got an email from Lady Gaga


She wanted to wish me a Happy Birthday.
That's deep!
















I had a week off work. It was so good to just chill and watch TV on DVD.

















I met Lorena on the Southbank.
















Said it before but  she turned up wearing a matching colored sock/top combo complete with turn ups.
This is possibly the most amazing and romantic gesture I've ever witnessed.
This was really something.
I mean that.




















She had bought me this Silver Polaroid film and had planned on taking photos for me, framing them and leaving a few for us to take together. The film was out of date. We tried taking a photo together.
















It didnt work and we could begin to see we both looked awful in the pic so we threw it in the river.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no wonder the river thames is full of shit. you're full of shit.