Monday, September 24, 2012

A bunch of stuff I've loved #1 Music

Believe the hype on this one. Her album is beautiful. It's so refreshing to have a UK soul singer whose not on an Adelle/Winehouse tryna sound like a vintage american soul singer vibe.
 Jessie Ware - Running by JessieWare

Not sure how to talk/describe this jam. I cant even remember how I heard I just know I've played it sooo many times this month.
 V.U.L.V.A - White BMW (Legowelt Remix) by Firecrak

Everyone was raving about this album when it came out but it took me a while to get into it. I thought I was getting bored of 'that sound' but this track just floored me. So not bored.
 Holy Other - "Tense Past" by Zynthesized

This song takes the LA Noir /Drive OST / Tangerine Dream/Prog sound that's blowing up these days and just fucking OWNS EVERYTHING (no diss to Johnny Jewel - his stuff is fantastic). This song cant be touched I wanna go on a long Night Drive and play this over and over.
 Solar Maximum by Majeure

This jam right here
 01 Curren$y - Job by stefeezybeat

This jam right here is so cold


Been obsessed with this composer. His work is terrifying but I cant stop listening to it. Most of you will recognise it from The Shining (1980)
 Krzysztof Penderecki, "Anaklasis" by culturepl

Nightwave is so unbelievably FIT peep here and this tune is hype
 Nightwave - Night Bird by BOILER ROOM

This compilation was mainly weak but this cover was so beautiful but its Will Oldham & Matt Sweeney so whatcha expect.
 Storms | Matt Sweeney and Bonnie 'Prince' Billy by concordmusicgroup

I seem to only post 'electronic' music on here.
I don't really share or talk about how much 'guitar music' I listen to.
Hi I'm Steven I listen to a fuck load of country music. Gram Parsons has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. I love The Band, Bob Dylan Desire (1976), Neil Young, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Will Oldham, Gene Clark, Bon Iver, Damien Jurado, The Tallest Man On Earth, Bill Callahan/Smog, Peter Broderick, Iron & wine, Okkervil River, Josh T. Pearson and a whole bunch of other shit.
I love this album it's really sad. Theres a moment at 3.30 when the horns build and all the vocalists come together and its beautiful so yeah this song and that moment
 Field Report - Fergus Falls by brooklynvegan

This girl. This interview. This attitude. This voice.

No comments: