Friday, September 07, 2012

Theres no need to change any sentence when you always decide where I go next

There was a time at the end of the festival where the closing bands end light show was just white light. We left the site you holding my hand.

There was a time she asked me "what was wrong?" I said "nothing is wrong" She said "You think I don't know fuckin know you Steven. You think I don't pay attention but I know you so well and I know all your fuckin moods".

There was a time we watched Broken Social Scene and we pushed to the front and they played Major Label Debut Fast and those lines "Forced to live like it's a curfew / Translation means I love you"

That night in a bar where we sat in a corner and saw an old couple who looked to be in their late seventies. He had a camera and kept taking photos of her as she danced and we said 'That's us in fifty years'.

Twice I've been talking about you wondering where the fuck you are now. Both were times where I've been in the same street where I gave you a framed photo of us together.

You were drunk at a gig and sent her a text and later when you talked about it she said "it sounded so final that I started crying".

The drunk call you made saying "I want you and the skyline.These are my demands".

The night after the cinema when there was a snow storm and the train broke down so you had to walk home in the snow. You  followed the bus route and it took an hour to get home but you didn't care you were so happy replaying the entire night.

Those afternoons we'd walk through the park with Zooey the dog.

That text you sent knowing it would destroy her.

When you were apart she said "I'd see you in Bored to Death every week and it would make me miss you so bad".

The afternoon you were in the back row of the NFT and you feel asleep in each others arms.

The birthday when she sent you that present with that quote from The Hills on the gift tag "There's always that one guy that you will always go back to. Even though you date other people in between, you are always in the back of your mind hoping to run into that guy."

You will come back to each other.

No comments: