Thursday, January 10, 2013

James























I was coming out of work when I bumped into James. I told him I'm broke take me for tea and lets chat. Instead he took me to see the documentary The House I Live In (2012) an examination of the history and consequences of the "war on drugs". It was a great, terrifying and sad. We were so stoked cause David Simon featured prominently.

Afterwards we walked around and he said he'd buy me Mexican food. It was great to catch up one of those dudes who I might not see for six months but when I do, it's straight back into what's going on with our films/  music/movies/ TV right now.

James got spotted by this dude who was doing an exhibition on dudes with beards. His face is in the gallery, the book, the poster and even on the business card. #mild_jealousy.

Since the last week was pretty much throwing my fucking guts up this made for an unexpectedly great evening. What a guy to take his down and out friend on a date.

We hung out again recently and over dinner we got onto the subject of the TV show Girls and he looked me in the eye and said "that's what YOU should be doing, you're really talented I think you could write something as good"

Girls is an incredible show!  Lena Dunham is insanely talented so this comparison meant a great deal to me.
Also Girls is exploring similar things to what I write and wanna write about: relationships/ growing up/partying/ love and life and all that good shit.

I really respect and admire James and his words really meant something big to me.
Hopefully this is the start of something...or atleast the start of me finishing my damn short film anthology.

No comments: